QUALITY CONTROL SUPERVISOR:
Noranco Inc. is a world class, integrated manufacturer and solutions provider to the international commercial and military aerospace sectors. We provide added value to our customers through a wide range of sophisticated capabilities including high precision machining and sheet metal fabrication, processing, assembly, testing and supply chain management.
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY:The Quality Control Supervisor ensures that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications. This individual is responsible for managing the organizations quality assurance policies. The Quality Manager will also establish performance standards, procedures, and audit controls in order to meet business requirements, as well as identify and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of company operations.
REPORTING STRUCTURE:Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Direct Reports: Quality Inspectors, Receiving Inspectors
· Supervise, lead, coach, and mentor Quality Inspectors.
· Coordinate and monitor all incoming, in-process and final inspections.
· Inspection of precision parts and assemblies to customer drawings and specifications; First Article Inspection Reports per AS9100 and Customer Requirements.
· Coordinate the resources of all inspection personnel and applicable services in daily operations and functions of the inspection department; schedule and coordinate work assignments and priorities for all inspection personnel; coordinate and monitor all incoming, in-process and final inspections; coordinate and maintain the departments’ activity to support production requirements.
· Plan, assign and direct work; address complaints and resolve concerns.
· Maintain the Quality Control Documentation in accordance with requirements.
· Participate in Waiver Requests to our customers.
· Lead non conformance, root cause and corrective action system
· Identify and champion required special process approvals from Customers.
· Liaison with Supplier Quality Representatives.
· Support Six Sigma, Lean and 5S initiatives within the Inspection Department
· Provide leadership developing and directing QA and quality improvement initiatives for all company products and services.
· Perform internal audits that are compliant with corporate policies, practices, and procedures.
· Act as liaison with customer auditors and assume responsibility for ensuring corrective actions with customer specifications.
· Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
· Maintain the Quality Control Documentation in accordance with requirements; ensure all quality personnel perform their duties efficiently and in a timely manner; ensure immediate action is taken when sub-standard quality in encouraged; maintain a quarantine area for any non-conforming material and its proper identification.
· Interact with customer support, planning and production personnel on day to day activities.
· Participate in MRB rework and scrap dispositions; participate in Waiver Requests to our customers.
· Produce reports and presentations as required.
· Identify relevant Inspection training needs and opportunities.
· All other duties as assigned
· Post-Secondary Education in Business Administration, Quality or Engineering Required
· Aerospace experience preferred
· Ability to read aerospace drawings and specifications
· 7+ years inspection experience, with a minimum of 3 years Supervisory experience
· Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
· Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
· ISO 9001 or AS9100 knowledge and experience
· Nadcap knowledge and experience , Well versed in Geometric Tolerance; CMM experience
Noranco offers a very safe, modern and forward thinking environment and a highly competitive compensation package. If you have the skills and experience to be an outstanding candidate for this role, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org